Sunday, May 20, 2018

Turning a Sow's Ear into a Silk Purse


I've heard it said that photographers should just delete any bad images as they come out of the camera. If it isn't good now, they say, it won't get better with time. There is a lot to be said for that, but I keep all my images. I will go through old images once in a while and in doing so, I've uncovered some that I didn't think were keepers at the time. I'm sure I discarded one image of some gannets in New Foundland because the tip of the wing was cropped off. Otherwise it was a really nice image. My Photoshop skills have reached a point where I knew I could recreate the wing tip. So I fixed the wing and printed the photo. It won a second place in a local photo contest.

Sometimes when I look through some of my old photos, a Photoshop idea pops into my head. Look at the four photos below. None of them are "keepers" by themselves, but when I composited them in Photoshop, I think I produced a pretty good "altered reality" image. In fact, I am very pleased with the final image. Scroll down to take a look.










No comments:

Post a Comment